″If you go down to the woods today you’re sure of a big surprise…″
The surprise being that you can help towards raising funds to build a new Children’s Emergency & Trauma Department at Southampton University Hospital which will be a ground-breaking major trauma unit supplying state of the art, life-saving equipment. The Ginormous Teddy Bear’s picnic is taking place between 5th and 11th June this year as part of the #2millionsteps campaign and you too can get involved! All you need to do is sign up, get your friends, neighbours, groups or schools involved and start planning your ‘bear-illiant’ picnic! Each person will need to donate the suggested amount of £1 (more would be gratefully received as every penny counts) to this great cause and the only other requirement is to just have fun!
We decided to get in on the act a little early and enjoyed our teddy bear’s picnic today…
As you can see, Jake chose Iggle Piggle, Dinoro (he thinks that’s what rhinos are called!), Peppa Pig and Oo Oo.
No picnic is complete without certain things and our top items to bring are:
- Picnic blankets- enough for everybody to sit comfortably on.
- Ice packs/coolers- to keep all your food cool and fresh all day
- Suncream/sun hats/sunglasses
- Throw- in case it gets a little chilly
- Plastic plates/bowls/cutlery
- Napkins and baby wipes for all those messy pups
- Nappy bags to collect up your rubbish
- Snacks- if your child is anything like mine, lots!
- Ball games- get everyone involved
- Puzzles- for those quieter times if you are planning on being out all day
- Cake- no picnic is complete without a little bit of homemade cake.
And most importantly, your friends… plus your favourite teddy bears!
Bringing the teddy’s their own teapot, cups and plates is a must in Jake’s eyes!
We’ve had a lovely day in the sun, catching up with friends, playing in the park, kicking our football around and having races. You can find even more ideas for activities over on the charity website.
We’ve made our donation so now it’s over to you. Pop over to the website and arrange your very special picnic for June. You could make the world of difference to a child’s life.