Although wedding season is most commonly thought of as being in the warmer months of the year, sometimes it can be nice to break with tradition and plan your wedding during the winter. Whether it is for personal reasons or just on a whim, there’s no reason why a fantastic winter wedding can’t be a resounding success!
If you are thinking of planning a winter wedding when you tie the knot, here is an ultimate checklist of everything that you need to consider during the process of getting organised!
- Date– First things first – you need to pick out the date for your marriage! It’s always best to avoid anything too close to Christmas to ensure everyone is available, but apart from that, the world is your oyster!
- Budget– Decide on your budget nice and early to avoid disappointment or overspending – don’t forget to make a list of everything you need in order to avoid missing out any vital expenses!
- Guest List– Whether you decide on your guests together or create separate lists of your individual family and friends, knowing rough numbers will help when it comes to other parts of the wedding planning process
- Venue– Your venue is going to be one of the biggest aspects of your big day, so it’s important that you get it right! Make sure to do plenty of research into the options in your chosen area, like wedding venues in Nottingham, for example, as well as checking that your favourite is available on your date of choice to avoid disappointment
- Invites– Once your venue and chosen guests have been finalised, it’s time to set the ball rolling and send out your invites or save the dates!
- Food– Who doesn’t love a delicious wedding meal? Go for fresh, seasonal produce to really make the most of the winter theme or alternatively, something warming and hearty will help to stave off the chilly weather
- Flowers– Bouquets, buttonholes and centrepieces all need to be finalised and arranged, as well as ordered from your chosen florist. Don’t forget to go for seasonal blooms or colours for an extra special winter touch!
- Cake– A traditional tiered wedding cake or a selection of delicious sweet treats – whatever you decide to go for, make sure that your dessert table is dressed to impress by picking out your cake nice and early
- Photographer– Book the photographer and don’t forget to negotiate what is included in the package
- Outfits– Undeniably one of the most important parts of the day, your wedding dress will be the thing that everyone is talking about! Make sure to trial plenty of different designs and styles before making a final decision, and remember to keep the weather and season in mind to avoid getting cold on the big day
- Rings– They will be worn for the rest of your life, so choose wisely!
- Transport– Book your wedding transport – whether it’s a vintage car or something a little different, there are plenty of options available so make sure to get it chosen and booked up ready for the big day
- Honeymoon– The perfect trip to look forward to after your ceremony, your honeymoon will be your first holiday as a married couple so make the most of the opportunity!
- Something Old, Something New– It might be an ancient saying, but don’t forget to adhere to it!
Of course, the most important thing when wedding planning is to ensure that your big day is as special and unique as you and your partner, but with these top tips, you’re soon going to find yourself well on the way to the perfect winter wedding.
*This is a collaborative post. For further information please refer to my disclosure page.