Head lice or lice are a contagious disease caused by three types of lice parasitizing the human body. The danger of head lice is that insects can carry some serious diseases into your body. Lice can reproduce only in warm conditions; when cooled below 15-10 degrees, they die. Pubic and head lice lay nits on the base of the hair, body lice lay eggs in folds of clothing. After a week, larvae hatch from them, maturing and feeding on blood. Adults live up to 40 days.
The Infection Methods
The source of infection is only a person; the transmission of head lice is carried out through close contact in organized groups, public transport, common things, and bed, for pubic head lice – sexual infection. The incidence of head lice is ubiquitous, especially where there are low sanitary standards. The incubation period for lice is about a week; the intensity of the symptoms depends on the degree. Manifestations arise from lice bites of the skin on the head or body. The results you get for companies such as lice removal houston vary differently.
How to Identify the Disease?
Until a certain point, it is quite difficult to identify head lice on your own. Single insects do not cause discomfort since, during feeding, they secrete a kind of “analgesic,” and the thinnest “stylet” pierces the skin without causing pain. Lice are small and move quickly, so it is difficult to see what a living insect looks like. You can notice nits that shine in the rays of light. Itching of the scalp;
- The appearance on the skin of small dots of red or bluish color;
- Shiny “bubbles” on the hair that are difficult to remove;
- Scratching (excoriation) on the skin.
Head lice treatment method
Treatment of head lice is carried out in several organizations, and it is mandatory for all contact persons. It is used to destroy lice and nits in various forms – shampoos, sprays, lotions, and emulsions. With head lice, it is necessary to trim the hair baldly, with long hair, combing out lice and nits with a special antiv comb. To completely get rid of parasites, it is recommended to repeat the procedure after 2-3 days. You need to do the procedure until the nits disappear completely.
Head lice treatment rule
- Before the procedure, a small amount of the drug is tested for an allergic reaction. Apply it to your wrist or inside of your elbow 1 to 2 hours before your procedure.
- Processing is carried out only in a well-ventilated area.
- A protective visor is used to prevent contact with the eyes and face.
- The selected preparation must be distributed over the entire length of the hair. The application method depends on the product.
- After application, the head is covered with a film to create a greenhouse effect. For convenience, you can utilise a shower cap.
- The product is kept strictly according to the manufacturer’s instructions. There are unpleasant sensations, severe burning, redness, and it is recommended to stop the procedure when exposed to the skin.
- At the end of the procedure, the hair is rinsed with vinegar solution – it well breaks down the substance with which the female attaches the eggs to the hair.
Finally, the above are some of the important information you need to know about lice removal companies such as lice removal Houston.
If you enjoyed this post you can follow more of our life, opinions and antics over on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Plus feel free to come and join in with my parenting group ‘From One Parent to Another’ on Facebook.
If you’d like to contact me you can either leave me a comment or drop me a line via my contact me page.
For other topics similar to this one check out these suggestions below…