Roasted Vegetable Vegetarian Toad in The Hole Recipe
As a fairly new vegetarian, I have been finding new ways to enjoy a variety of meals that I used to eat but without the meat and even though I’m not a big foodie and don’t tend to cover recipes on my blog, my readers have shown a lot of interest in hearing about what we make for meals so I have taken the plunge and will now be adding some here in the hope that others of you can find some fantastic meat-free choices for the whole family. This is my roasted vegetable vegetarian toad in the hole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
You’ll need: Chopping board, knife, whisk, bowl, small bowl or jug, measuring jug, ovenproof dish, oven
Difficulty: If I can make this anyone can!!
- 1 1/2 red onions
- 1/2 courgette
- mushrooms (personal choice how many you add, I use 4-5)
- 1 pepper or 1/2 of red and 1/2 of yellow
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- plain flour
- 7 fl oz milk
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6
- Peel and chop your onions into wedges
- Slice up the mushrooms
- Chop tomatoes into wedges
- Slice 1/2 a courgette
- Slice your pepper/peppers
- Add to an ovenproof dish and drizzle olive oil across the top
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes
Making the Batter
- Weigh out 100g plain flour and pop into a mixing bowl
- Add the salt and pepper
- Beat the 2 eggs in a seperate bowl/jug
- Measure out your milk to 7 fl oz (200 ml)
- Gradually whisk the eggs and milk into the bowl until smooth
- Whisk in your thyme
Adding it Together
- Once your vegetables are roasted, drain off any excess juices and pour your batter mix over the top
- Place back inside the oven for a further 20-30 minutes until the batter becomes risen and golden
Can be served up with chips and peas, beans, salad or mixed veg.
If you give this roasted vegetable vegetarian toad in the hole a try do let me know what you think of it.
Pin for later:
If you enjoyed this post you can follow more of our life, opinions and antics over on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Plus feel free to come and join in with my parenting group ‘From One Parent to Another’ on Facebook.
If you’d like to contact me you can either leave me a comment or drop me a line via my contact me page.
For other topics similar to this one check out these suggestions below…