The kitchen is one of the most important areas in any home. From cooking to eating and entertaining guests, it is essential that a kitchen is both attractive and functional. One way to spruce up your kitchen is by adding trendy kitchen decoration items that will add life and personality to the space. Here are some decoration items that will elevate your cooking area:
1) Wall Art – Adding artwork to your kitchen walls can instantly refresh the overall look of your room. Hanging up a painting or picture can brighten up neutral-colored walls. Choose art pieces with pops of color or something unique, like a watercolor print. For example, if you have an all-white kitchen, adding a black-and-white graphic print can make for an interesting contrast.
2) Plants – Bringing greenery into any space breathes new life into it. Consider hanging small potted plants above your sink or placing succulents along a window sill. Hanging herbs such as mint or basil in cooking equipment adds functionality to the décor! Not only do plants freshen up the air, but they also bring a refreshing aesthetic into the room.
3) Rug – Typically neglected in kitchens for fear of food spills and stains, rugs actually help anchor large spaces while also providing warmth underfoot, which is especially nice in colder weather climates. There are now non-slip rugs available specifically made for kitchens, ensuring safety against slippering feet when preparing meals!
4) Shelving – Give your regular cabinets some time off by incorporating open shelving instead. This gives you extra display space for decorative items such as unique Tupperware designs, vintage dishware, spice containers, etc., creating an eclectic mix worth showing off!
5) Lighting – Improper lighting fixtures not only make it difficult to prepare meals but also affect how other accents appear throughout the room. Combine strong overhead lighting beneath cabinets or over stove tops and in specific task areas. Then include center lamp small pendants to add ambiance during dinners. Ensure that natural light seeps through, especially during the daytime.
6) Statement Countertops – Opt for a bold design or color on the countertops, which is a prominent feature in your kitchen. With so many options, such as metallic surfaces, concrete finishes, and marble effects, making a statement here will create an exciting contrast between appliances to produce an entirely new dimension of space, leaving guests surprised at first sight!
7) Functional Accessories – Nowadays, there are plenty of functional kitchen accessories that also serve as decorative pieces. A tray designed with herbs or spices works amazingly both practically and aesthetically while usually sitting right next to your stovetop. Air-tight jars help keep things organized by holding basic nutritional ingredients like sugar, coffee powder, etc. These small touch-ups work wonders in bringing life into your cooking area.
8) Stools – If you don’t have enough floor space in the kitchen but want something unique and functional added, consider adding bar-height stools, which double up the finishing touch! For narrow kitchens, counters become the perfect replacement for dining tables, too, giving additional portions ideal for breakfasts or creating cozy family meals together, emphasizing a casual dining atmosphere. Restaurants use this tip cleverly, stating it brings lovers closer while cooking!
9) Magnetic Knife Rack – Regular hours spent rummaging through drawers looking for the knife required can be eliminated just by installing magnetic strips anywhere. Unlike drawer inserts, these fixtures make it easy to find different types of knives fast, increasing efficiency.
10) Backsplashes – Finally, backsplashes give grandeur an overall look within any budget! Whether using bright-colored tiles or printed reflective finishes, you can allow yourself some flexibility when choosing how the splash should look. For a more trendy option, try dark chevron patterns, preferably on natural stone. This acts as an accent highlighting texture, even if used over marble. This will surely catch anyone’s eye, becoming a focal point within the room.
In conclusion, Sprucing up your kitchen with these decoration items changes the feel instantly, putting anyone who enters in a good mood, creating an inspiring atmosphere, and making you feel at home. Decorating a kitchen can seem overwhelming, considering it is an integral part of our everyday lives, which makes it even that much more important to get right. Enjoy the process by incorporating any or all of these ideas given as per each individual’s liking and tastes. It’s all about personalizing your space!
*This is a collaborative post. For further information please refer to my disclosure page.
If you enjoyed this post you can follow more of our life, opinions and antics over on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Plus feel free to come and join in with my parenting group ‘From One Parent to Another’ on Facebook.
If you’d like to contact me you can either leave me a comment or drop me a line via my contact me page.
For other topics similar to this one check out these suggestions below…