Keeping a relatively germ-free environment in our homes is crucial for our health and well-being. Not only does it help to maintain a clean and fresh-smelling house, but it also helps us stay active and away from the doctor’s office. So, how do we keep our homes and properties clean, safe, and germ-free? Read on.
Where Do Germs Hide?
First things first, germs can hide in a lot of places. You may not realize it, but your remote controls, doorknobs, refrigerator handles, faucet handles, and other frequently touched items are some of the most popular places for germs to reside. That’s why it’s a great idea to enlist UrbanMop cleaning services to help rid your home of these germs. To stay on top of your home’s hygiene you could also make your own antibacterial spray and frequently use this along with a reusable wipe to clean these objects. Since we come into contact with them hundreds of times every day, regular sanitization can reduce the transmission of germs.
Contrary to popular belief, the washing machine isn’t always the cleanest place in your home. Bacteria and viruses from dirty clothing can contaminate your washer and subsequent loads of laundry. That’s why running your washing machine once a month with a cup of white vinegar is recommended to keep it clean.
Did you know your television screens, tablets, keyboard, and phones can contain more than 20,000 bacteria per square inch? That’s a lot, isn’t it? So, using a damp reusable cloth to remove dust from these screens gently is essential. Also, to prevent bacteria from spreading to your carpets and furnishings, promptly vacuum any crumbs on the floor and wipe up any spills.
Since we spend a lot of time in our bedrooms, it’s not surprising that germs can accumulate there. Dead skin cells we shed into our bedding, floors, and garments can give germs plenty of places to flourish. So, washing your bedding and floors and maintaining a clean and germ-free environment in our homes have become more critical.
Tips to Simplify Your Cleaning Routine
We all know how quickly germs can spread, causing sickness and disease. However, keeping your home clean doesn’t have to be an overwhelming task. Here is what you can do to make it simpler:
- Make it a habit to clean every day rather than attempting to deep-clean your entire home all at once. Cleaning frequently is more effective than responding to dust, mold, and other germs that suddenly appear every two to three months. We all have busy lives, but scheduling brief cleaning sessions every other day can reduce the strain of deep cleaning. By cleaning a little bit every day, you can prevent bacteria from accumulating in the first place.
- Cutting boards can also be a source of kitchen problems. Using different boards for fruits, vegetables, and meats is important. Even if bacteria are destroyed when meat is cooked, they can still exist on the cutting board. Properly cleaning cutting boards after each use is crucial because bacteria and germs can survive even in the tiniest of crevices.
- After-meal cleaning is essential in keeping your kitchen germ-free. Your sink and countertops are prime locations for bacteria to flourish. An antibacterial cleanser or regular soap and water after every rinse, snack, or meal is crucial in keeping germs at bay. Remember to put your sponges in the dishwasher and your towels and rags in the laundry to sanitize. Use your preferred disinfectant several times weekly to clean your sink and counters.
- Another practical cleaning tip is to eliminate areas where mold might be hiding. Excess clutter or forgotten food on counters or in the refrigerator can be easily overlooked. However, they can be a breeding environment for germs. Removing the clutter will deny them a chance to thrive.
- Make a new family rule: no shoes are allowed inside! Taking off your shoes at the door can help prevent germs from spreading to your floors. It’s a simple yet effective step to keeping your home clean and healthy.
With these simple suggestions, you can create a healthier living space for you and your family. Additionally, you can encourage your friends and relations to adopt these cleaning suggestions. Sometimes, we can get busy or tired from work and may not have the strength to do any cleaning, even when we realize that our house and property need cleaning that will leave it safe, healthier, and germ-free. In such situations, you can always contact UrbanMop cleaning services.
Again, don’t forget about your shoes. This is often overlooked, but sneakers can carry foreign pathogens like bacteria and pollen into your home. Remove your shoes before entering your home to eliminate these germs. Remember, maintaining a clean and germ-free environment in your home is essential for your health and well-being.
*This is a collaborative post. For further information please refer to my disclosure page.
If you enjoyed this post you can follow more of our life, opinions and antics over on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Plus feel free to come and join in with my parenting group ‘From One Parent to Another’ on Facebook.
If you’d like to contact me you can either leave me a comment or drop me a line via my contact me page.
For other topics similar to this one check out these suggestions below…