Top Tips to Clean your Bathroom Like a Professional
One of the most amazing aspects of spending time in a Bed & Breakfast or hotel is the bathroom. It always looks spotless no matter whether you check it on the day of your arrival or on the final day of departure. Here are some top tips to clean your bathroom like a professional.
Cleaning a bathroom does require dedication and commitment. Moist and humidity in an enclosed environment can quickly result in mould or dirt. Here are some top tips to clean your bathroom like a professional. These tips are used by cleaners who use the Helpling cleaning platform
1. Use natural products to clean the bathroom. There is no need to depend on chemical substances. Mother nature offers us some very good and affordable solutions. Vinegar, lemon and tea tree oil are just some examples of natural items that are renowned for their cleaning abilities. The nice thing about using these items is that they won’t affect anybody who is allergic or sensitive to cleaning detergents.
2. Use an old toothbrush to clean corners and hidden spaces. Albeit being small, you can easily manoeuvre a toothbrush. It is also the best guarantee that you will get to every spot.
3. Don’t forget to clean the taps and the showerhead every so often. Most people focus on the toilet, sink and bathtub but forget cleaning the places that are, in fact, the dirtiest. Taps are being touched multiple times a day and often with dirty hands. Contact with showerheads is perhaps limited, but if not cleaning small deposits in the water can block the head.
4. Consider upfront which part you will clean immediately and which part you want to spray with detergents first to let it soak. The toilet, bathtub and sink can be very dirty. Here the detergent will require some time to be fully effective. Cleaning detergents have many pros and cons when it comes to their uses however most cleaning companies use eco friendly detergents sheets because it’s safe and the smell lasts longer.
5. Use multiple micro-fibre cloths to wipe the different areas. Be cautious which cloth you will use where as it doesn’t make sense to wipe the toilet with the same cloth that you will use to wipe to sink.
6. Use an old newspaper to wipe the mirror after cleaning. Thanks to the newspaper no stripes on stains will be left after the cleaning.
7. Make sure to check the refresher before you leave. By doing so you’ll know exactly when it is time to replace it. You will also leave a nice scent in the bathroom.
Adhering to these tips will make sure that the bathroom at home will rival the one you used during your latest hotel visit.
*This is a collaborative post. For further information please refer to my disclosure page.
If you enjoyed this post you can follow more of our life, opinions and antics over on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. Plus feel free to come and join in with my parenting group ‘From One Parent to Another’ on Facebook.
If you’d like to contact me you can either leave me a comment or drop me a line via my contact me page.
For other topics similar to this one check out these suggestions below…